Double-Insulated Wire [RE-wrenches]

Joel Davidson joeldavidson at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 13 13:00:55 PST 2005

<x-flowed>
TUV's Safety Class II certification requires double-insulated wire with 90
C, sunlight resistant, moisture resistant, strong insulation rated to 1000
volts. See
http://www.de.tuv.com/en/images/industrial_services/Safety_tested_en.pdf

UL is broadening its perspective to compete in the global PV certification
market now that the PV market has moved away from the US and IEC standards
are becoming dominant. See http://www.iec.ch/ and http://www.iecee.org/

...but it still comes down to the NEC and local codes and the UL Mark to get
local inspectors to feel comfortable enough to sign off on work they usually
don't understand like PV systems.