Double-Insulated Wire (was Pics of PV in Germany) [RE-wrenches]

Bob Maynard, Energy Outfitters bob at energyoutfitters.com
Sat Mar 12 22:35:58 PST 2005

Get both the PlayStation2 and Game Cube for Free! Click here to
find out how.
http://click.topica.com/caadeMkbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Consumer Research

It is my understanding that UL is working on a standard and might have something within the month.  I know Oregon is adopting the 05 NEC on April 1 and it would sure be nice to have some wire to go along with the new standards allowed, Magnetek has the inverter!  If I find out for certain UL is this close AND a wire manu has stepped up, I'll let the list know.

Regards,

Bob Maynard

Energy Outfitters

Are there any real standards for "double insulated" in the US?

Seems to me that you would still need the same basic parameters of

temperature, sunlight resistance, moisture resistance etc?