100amp Service from an Inverter? [RE-wrenches]

Phil Undercuffler phil at dankoffsolar.com
Wed Mar 9 15:43:57 PST 2005

Get both the MiFi XM Satellite Radio and an Apple iPod for Free!
http://click.topica.com/caadeMlbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ProductTestPanel

Have him look closer at 690-10(A) Inverter Output.

Let us go to the good book for guidance....

Yea verily, "the ac inverter output from a stand-alone system shall be
permitted to supply ac power to the building or structure disconnecting
means at current levels below the rating of that disconnecting means."

That psalm is from NEC, 2002 edition.

Phil Undercuffler ext.238
Technical Support
phil at dankoffsolar.com

Dankoff Solar Products

The Premier Manufacturer and Distributor of Solar Water Pumps, and
Wholesale Distributor of Solar Electric, Wind, and Solar Heating Equipment

888-396-6611 toll free
505-473-3800 phone
505-473-3830 fax
www.dankoffsolar.com

on 3/9/05 4:01 PM, Jeremy Rodriguez at allsolar at ris.net wrote:
> Wrenches,
> I am having some issues with an inspector. He tells me we need to supply 100A
> at 120vac to the house panel according to code!  Can that even be done? From
> my experience, an off grid home will not even use all that an SW4048 can
> provide. I have referred him to Article 690-10 for review but he said "Looks
> like you can use a smaller breaker but still need 100amps. Go figure!
> Any ideas?
>
> Jeremy
> All Solar
> CO, USA

Erase wrinkles without painful injections with Nexiderm SP.
Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to reduce wrinkles by 68% Start
your free 14-day trial today!
http://click.topica.com/caadfBPbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Nexiderm

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php