Sharp modules [RE-wrenches]

David Nixon david.nixon at arisetech.com
Tue Mar 1 06:40:44 PST 2005

Get both the MiFi XM Satellite Radio and an Apple iPod for Free!
http://click.topica.com/caadeMlbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ProductTestPanel

Hi Kurt

After the beheading of the MC make sure to keep polarity straight.
If you dont keep polarity straight you will start welding diodes.
I have had to replace the bypass diodes on a couple of these modules.
You can pry the lid off the junction box and then carfully dig out the
potting to get at the diode terminals. After soldering in a new diode I
pour self leveling potting compound,let it cure, and snap the lid back
on. I'm sure this voids the warannty but I doubt the manufactuer would
cover this kind of damage any way. This saves the dealer the cost of a
module. Why people don't use fuses on every string on systems over 2
strings I dont understand.

PS: remember it's hard to keep your head when all those around you are
loosing theirs.

David Nixon
ARISE Technologies Corporation
Kitchener Ontario Canada
david.nixon at arisetech.com

Get both the PlayStation2 and Game Cube for Free! Click here to
find out how.
http://click.topica.com/caadeMkbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Consumer Research

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php