Wind-Loading and Tilted panels on roofs [RE-wrenches]

Mo Rousso mrousso at heliopower.com
Sun Feb 20 17:40:32 PST 2005

Your opinion counts! We're giving away ten $100 cash prizes!
A major food company wants to know what you think about a product
& package design. Hurry, only ten $100 prizes left!
http://click.topica.com/caadbR9bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Val Rad Survey

Hi Justine,

Long time no talk to!

I agree with what the other wrenches have been saying, but I will try to
also answer your question directly.

While they do not look as nice as flush mounted arrays, we have had to do
what you are trying to do in a few cases.  We have successfully used
(successful meaning I have had no modules blow off or experienced any
structural damage with winds up to 90 mph) the Pro Solar roof trac system
with their tilt kits on at least a half-dozen buildings.  The important
thing is to make sure you lag into structural members to provide the
tear-out strength you need.  Pro Solar has a pretty comprehensive install
manual on their web site.  We have also used the UniRac equivalent on a
couple of buildings as well.

If you want more info, give me a ring.

Mo

--
Mo Rousso
President

Would You Like Your Money 2-Day? Get started now! TaxBrain Online.
http://click.topica.com/caac8vpbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/TaxBrain

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com