battery cycle life [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Mt. Shasta Energy Services toddcory at finestplanet.com
Mon Jan 3 08:10:03 PST 2005

** Get Your Own Support-a-Cure Yellow Bracelet for $1.99 **
Show your support for finding cures for both AIDS & Cancer.
Get yours for just $1.99. This bracelet makes a difference.
http://click.topica.com/caacYkkbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Penn Media

Ray,

What are your referring to when you say "golf cart batteries"? Since
they are
low a/h what do you do on your jobs that need higher capacity? I
understand
multiple parallel strings also creates problems.

Todd

Ray Walters wrote:

> >Hi;
>
> Did you take into account the variation of AH capacity relative to
> discharge rate (Puekert's Exponent?) That changes the calculations too. I
> did a spread sheet for a customer to compare different battery types for
> total cost per KWH over their lifespan. I included  maintenance &
> replacement costs. The L16s were the worst. The golf cart batteries were
> the best deal not considering maintenance, and the big cells (Rolls series
> 5000) were the best deal in the long run including maintenance costs, but
> that was with a healthy discount . At retail prices, the golf cart
> batteries are the best (If the customer maintains them)
>  From the chart below, The L16 has 600 cycles at 100% DOD, the T105 has 750
> cycles at 100%DOD. I quit selling L16s all together about a year ago.
>
> Cheers to a better New Year,
>
> Ray

We can reduce your unsecured credit card debt by 40-60%.
Don’t file bankruptcy.  Be Debt Free in as little as 1 year. Take
control of your situation.  100% FREE Consultation.
http://click.topica.com/caacYksbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/KnockOutDebt

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com