New Mexico Gets it Right! [RE-wrenches]

Bill Loesch, Saint Louis Solar bill_loesch at compuserve.com
Wed Dec 28 00:08:49 PST 2005

http://click.topica.com/caaegt3bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PC PowerScan

Allan,
So glad that New Mexico has a viable RE program (at least with one
utility). So very glad that you have enlightened folks that recognize the
long term  benefits of rewarding good design and installation (production
based incentives).

Can anyone smarter than me compare the 13 or 21 (8 + 18) cents per kWhr to
the "rebate" of say $3 per watt?

Congratulations on your efforts,

Bill Loesch
Solar 1 - Saint Louis Solar

Message text written by INTERNET:RE-wrenches at topica.com,<Allan Sindelar
<allan at positiveenergysolar.com>

Wrenches,
Something pretty good happened at our state's Public Regulatory Commission
hearing this morning.

The PRC passed a case which will allow PNM, the state's largest IOU, to pay
a customer with a grid-tied PV system 13 cents per kilowatt-hour for up to
12 years, for the right to claim the power generated by the system toward
our state-mandated Renewable Portfolio Standard. This payment will require
installation of a second meter, as the credit is paid whether the power is
consumed on-site or sent into the grid. This payment is in addition to
existing retail net metering (at about 8 cents/kWhr).

Both the utility and the RE committee, including the RE
political-legislative advocates, were in favor of this. Randy of Positive
Energy testified with some economic analysis.

We are very pleased with this development. I had pushed at earlier hearings
for production-based incentives, in order to benefit good design and
installation practices, and this provides that.

Hooray for New Mexico. I hope this gets some good national press.

Allan at Positive Energy
<

So Much Television, Such Little Time!  In Love with Lost(TM) or
Devoted to Desperate Housewives(TM)? Take our premier week
survey, complete our offers, and get a FREE* DVD set of either
show!
http://click.topica.com/caaeg05bz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Viewer Survey

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php