rechargeable batteries [RE-wrenches]

Bill Loesch, Saint Louis Solar bill_loesch at compuserve.com
Thu Nov 17 21:54:39 PST 2005

http://click.topica.com/caaedmqbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PC PowerScan

Jay et al,

As resourseful as I would like to think most wrenches are on this list,
this is a DIY task. The only trick is to obtain cells with solder tabs. If
the cells have solder tabs you can do the rebuild yourself just by
observing how the original pack is built. If you cannot locate cells with
solder tabs then you should use some $2K spot welder which most of the
Batteries Minus shops have. If you try to _solder_ the tabs on the cells
you will overheat the cells if you ever get the solder to adhere to the
cell case.

When you are rebuilding, get NiMH to replace the NiCd cells. Observe how
the mfgr. locates the overheat sensor and any other goodies in the pack and
duplicate that setup. I've recently seen Lithium Ion chemistry advertized
as the current standard for battery tools. No knowledge as to their direct
replacement for the NiMH.

The eBay route is what I too, have used more than once.

Good luck,

Bill Loesch
Solar 1 - Saint Louis Solar
314 631 1094

Message text written by INTERNET:RE-wrenches at topica.com

jay peltz wrote:

> I'm now getting a collection of mostly dead, somewhat dead and
> totally dead 18v DeWalt batteries.
>
> Is there a place that will be rebuild them?
>
> Or are they just recycle material at this point?
>
> thanks,
>
> jay
>
> Peltz Power

<

FREE DVR
And up to 3 additional standard receivers!
Call 1-800- 901 - 5080 Today
http://click.topica.com/caaeas1bz8Qcsbz9JC9f/DirectSatTV

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php