Outback AC plumbing [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters walters at taosnet.com
Tue Nov 15 12:29:01 PST 2005

New Apple® iPod® nano. As Thin as a No. 2 Pencil. Stores up to 3
Days of Songs! Get it Here FREE*!
http://click.topica.com/caaeatBbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Superb Rewards

Hi All;

We've been doing an increasing number of Outback inverters for off grid
and some grid tie applications. For single inverter systems, the PSAC or
PS2AC seems like a bunch of money for what a $20 Homeline box could
accomplish. My second reason for not using the Outback AC box is that
its much more difficult and expensive to add circuits or for regular
electricians to use. Compare a $25 special order QOU breaker to say a $4
Homeline that the average electrician probably already has on the truck.

Our problem is we can't find any clean way to adapt from the Outback
inverter AC to a standard box. We've used the Outback AC adapter to
liquid tite flex 90s, we've tried offset nipples to LL conduit bodies,
etc. Nothing really does it cleanly without straining the very weak
Outback AC adapter plastic, or without putting like 8 inches of dead
space between the inverter and box. We've even considered putting spacer
blocks behind the Square D box to put it on the same plane as the AC
out.... It seems simple, but once you start playing with the parts,
nothing quite works. I'm sure somebody out there has an elegantly simple
solution that we here in Taos are just too daft to see.
Your help will be greatly appreciated now, and hopefully rewarded 10
fold in the solar after life.

Ray Walters

Oprah vs Dr. Phil- who is your favorite? Vote now.
http://click.topica.com/caaeatsbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Your opinion

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com