48 to 12 volt conversion [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters walters at taosnet.com
Fri Nov 11 19:56:10 PST 2005

Need a new Cell Phone? A BlackBerry 7250 could be yours free! Find
out how!
http://click.topica.com/caaeatubz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Amazing phone

Hi Jeff;

I got mine all from AEE. They were good about warranty, but when half
the profit is lost shipping in and the rest of the profit gets eaten in
the return, you're making negative dollars/ hr. Some of  the bulbs are
still working ,so I wouldn't be throwing them away, I would sell them
"as is", though. Most of the problems were related to low voltage
conditions of the power system. At 11 volts your current is going to be
higher, combine that with a possibly slightly corroded connector on the
$2 Edison base and you might have problems.  I know 2 amps doesn't sound
like much, but that would be a 240 watt bulb in 120 vac: their normal
use. 12 volt fluorescents like the Thin Lights on the other hand have
decades of rugged use under their belts. LED edison bulbs are coming way
down in price too. I got a 2 watt bulb (24 LEDs) for $12 the other
day.They're still pretty dim for regular use, but make a great emergency
light or night light.

Ray

http://click.topica.com/caaeatrbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/PC PowerScan

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com