Inverter Load Analysis [RE-wrenches]

Joel Davidson joeldavidson at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 30 07:10:42 PDT 2005

<x-flowed>
It's good to give prospects summer and winter system designs so they can
make a choice. Often in places that get half as much sun in winter, summer
system sticker shock turns off a prospect otherwise open to PV. Local custom
and availability of gen sets is another reason for offering PV/gen set
hybrids. Windpower in winter is also an attractive lower cost way to wean
the mechanically inclined away from their gen set.

Question 1: Do you all have a few, some or many PV/gen set customers who
expand their PV systems and phase out the genny or do they stay with their
initial system?

Question 2: How many of you all have never sold a gen set?

Joel Davidson