Inverter Load Analysis [RE-wrenches]

Jon Hill, Sierra Solar Systems solarjon at netshel.net
Fri Jul 29 14:19:19 PDT 2005

Need Emergency Cash? Get Up To $500 Now!
No Credit Checks, Easy & Fast Approval
Cash in you account Overnight!
http://click.topica.com/caadHk3bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/911PaydayAdvance

>Thanks for your responses. I probably will just keep the numbers
>I've been using. 88% battery(includes day use), 92% inverter (a bit
>optimistic), and add the inverter no load draw to bring reality back
>to inverter usage. Just every time I start putting a quote together
>for an off grid customer, the panels necessary and batteries
>required drives the cost out of reach of other wise willing
>customers. It must really be tough for you wrenches working in
>places with less sun!
>

>>Ray Walters
>>ray at solarray.com
>>President, SolarRay, Inc.
>>NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer
>>BS Mechanical Engineering, UT Austin 88
>>Returned US Peace Corps Volunteer
>>
>Ray-

To keep costs reasonable, I usually size systems for summer
conditions. When it's less sunny, they can supplement with the genny
until they can afford more modules. customers tend to use a lot less
power when the option is the generator.
--
Jonathan Hill, solar applications engineer

Sierra Solar Systems
563C Idaho Maryland Road
Grass Valley, CA 95945
tech info and foreign orders:  (530) 273-6754
order line: (888) ON-SOLAR (US only)   FAX:  (530) 273-1760
e-mail:  <mailto:solarjon at sierrasolar.com>
world wide web:  <http://www.sierrasolar.com>

Because of the high volume of e-mail to which I respond, please
leave _all_ of the previous message (unless it's unbearable) in
   your reply so I can better remember your original message.

Get $1,000 to spend on groceries… any way you please. Click here!
http://click.topica.com/caadHlsbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/GrocerySpree

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com