Lightning protection [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Mon Jul 25 08:10:47 PDT 2005

Get up to $1500.00 Fast and Easy!
No Credit Checks! No Paper Hassles! Nothing To Fax!
Apply Online and We'll Contact You Within the Hour!
http://click.topica.com/caadHk7bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/911PaydayAdvance

How does one drive a ground rod 80'?  I feel special when I get one down
7.5' around here.  Must be very sandy soil which explains the need for such
a long ground rod.

In trouble spots around here the utilities will auger a hole in the soil
then pack it with bentonite (sp?) clay and drive the ground rod in that.
It's the same stuff that we line farm ponds with to hold water.  My
understanding is this keeps a good ground year round especially in the late
summer when the soil gets very dry.

That might be a solution for some folks.

Travis