Sanyo 190's and MX 60's in cold temps [RE-wrenches]

Jeffery Wolfe, Global Resource Options jeff at globalresourceoptions.com
Sun Jul 10 13:03:09 PDT 2005

Get $1000.00 Overnight! Fast and Easy!
No Credit Checks! Many Lenders are 100% Paperless!
Let The Wizard Find the right Lender for you!
http://click.topica.com/caadHk8bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/911PaydayAdvance

Dave,

Sounds like it's too high. Believing the NEC and Code, you'd need to
multiply that 135Voc by 1.25 = more than 150 V. In reality, there is a
cell temperature factor, and even if it's half of what the NEC says,
you're still over 150V. And the Sanyo panels are rated at -0%, +5%, so
you're not getting any relief by sub-nameplate performance, and will
probably be over nameplate on voltage.

If it was me, I would not series string them. It's just begging for
problems down the road. Some of the Outback engineers tend to
underestimate our climate up here. It means more strings, more fuses,
but less trips back to the site later!

Jeff
Jeffery D. Wolfe, P.E.
Global Resource Options, Inc., Solar Energy Solutions
601 Old River Road, Suite 3, White River Junction, VT 05001-9030
800-374-4494 x107 Toll Free     802-295-4415 x107 Phone
802-295-4417 Fax
Jeff at GlobalResourceOptions.com             www.GlobalResourceOptions.com