Premier Solar Education [RE-wrenches]

Jerry Caldwell solarcowboy at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 9 10:58:23 PDT 2005

Hi Barbra,

Solar Energy International is a great place to take
one-week and two-week classes in renewable energy.
There is also San Juan community college in New Mexico
where they offer a two year degree, or a one year
certificate.

If this person is willing to consider universities, I
have heard about wind energy engineering programs at
UC Davis and one of the Texas schools - maybe A&M?  UC
Berkeley has a bit of solar stuff going on.

There is also a University in Australia that offers a
program in renewable energy engineering that looks
very appealing.  I can't remember the name right now,
but it should be easy enough to google.

Hope this helps,
Jerry Caldwell

--- Barbra Kerr <bkerr at energy-exchange.org> wrote:

> Hi All -
>
> We have a recent High School Grad, who at this time
> does not want to commit
> to a 4-6 year formal college education.  However,
> they are willing to commit
> to higher education in the PV industry.  They have
> the resources to learn at
> any school in the country.  Where would you suggest
> they should look?
>
> Thanks for any input!
>
> Barbra K. Kerr
> President