NiCd Plate exposure? [RE-wrenches]

Mr. Sharkey sharkey at eugeneweb.com
Wed Jul 6 08:38:51 PDT 2005

Take movies and games anywhere with a Free Playstation Portable!
http://click.topica.com/caadHlFbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ProductTestPanel

Bruce;

Thanks for that. I've been wondering about the water loss in these cells as
well. I personally removed them from the generator room where all 20 were
installed on a rack securely bolted into one series string by nickle plated
cell interconnects. The thick layer of greasy dirt on the tops of the cells
and interconnects did not indicate that they had been moved for a long time.

My guess is that the battery pack was ignored for an extended period and
gassing of the cells under continuous charging caused the low electrolyte
condition. Most likely the generator service company in town took one look
at the battery after it failed to start the generator and simply installed
the two 8D batteries that it uses for cranking today. The question is why
only six cells were low while the other 14 were within the min/max
indicators?? There was no pattern to the placement of the low cells
(six-in-a-row, ends of the pack, etc)

I'm moving forward empirically by topping up the low cells, charging, and
will do a load and capacity test to determine if these cells have been damaged.

Get up to $1500.00 Fast and Easy!
No Credit Checks! No Paper Hassles! Nothing To Fax!
Apply Online and We'll Contact You Within the Hour!
http://click.topica.com/caadHk7bz8Qcsbz9JC9f/911PaydayAdvance

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com