like, what's your phase? [RE-wrenches]

Drake Chamberlin solar at ecoisp.com
Sun May 22 17:22:38 PDT 2005

Get a Free Sirius Satellite Package, don't pass on this!
http://click.topica.com/caadwPhbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ProductTestPanel

Hello Wrenches,

Sorry to further bore you with this subject, that is of little practical
value, since two phase systems are not being specified for modern
installations.  But for the sake of accuracy, this follow up is necessary
since I'd speculated that two phase systems give 2 maximum power peaks in
the first 90 degrees, then none for 270.

Thanks to Jeff Newmiller and Bill Brooks, we have a better picture of a 2
phase system.  The combination of two single phase sine waves give a two
phase motor 4 peaks every rotation, one every 90 degrees.  With 2 single
phase windings acting together, each winding gives a maximum power peak
every 180 degrees.  The two combined at 90 degrees apart produce a pulse
every 90 degrees.  One can see why this sequence would look attractive to
early designers.

I hope this is a better explanation.

-Drake

Erase wrinkles without Botox! Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to
reduce wrinkles by 68% Click here to get your 30-day free supply.
http://click.topica.com/caadslIbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Nexiderm

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com