L-16 charging voltages [RE-wrenches]

Doug Pratt dmpratt at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 19 17:57:27 PDT 2005

Get a Free T-Mobile Sidekick II plus $500 towards service!
Click here.
http://click.topica.com/caaduFNbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ProductTestPanel

A better question is why did someone install wet-cell L-16s on an emergency
back up system? They're going to suffer a short, ugly life no matter what
you do! Wet-cell batteries need exercise to stay healthy...they aren't going
to get it. They also need regular watering...experience leads me to predict
they won't get that either. Wet-cells and backup systems are an unwise
combination. (Yeah, I've done it too, but that was years ago. Now I know
better!)

Cheers,
Doug Pratt

Dave,

What you say makes good sense to me... and I have found similar results with
the
systems I do and maintain. I have also read contradictory advice on this
list
that L-16's being floated (for batter back up grid intertied systems) need
to be
EQ'd once a month to "stir" the electrolyte, yet if they are being floated
should there be a small electrolyte circulation happening anyway so why the
EQ?

Todd

Take movies and games anywhere with a Free Playstation Portable!
http://click.topica.com/caadwPbbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ProductTestPanel

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com