L-16 batts -terminals and US Batt charge volts [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Thu May 19 09:39:41 PDT 2005

Need a new washer and dryer set? You could get one free!
http://click.topica.com/caadtaGbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ProductTestPanel

Geoff,
30 volts isn't an equalizing charge. I generally shoot for 31-31.5, which is
easily achievable with C/10 if the batteries are in good condition.

Here's Trojan's spec for their L16s: See
http://www.trojanbattery.com/Tech-Support/BatteryMaintenance/Charging.aspx
Table 2. Charger Voltage Settings for Flooded Batteries
        System Voltage
      Charger Voltage Setting 6V 12V 24V 36V 48V
      Daily Charge 7.4 14.8 29.6 44.4 59.2
      Float 6.6 13.2 26.4 39.6 52.8
      Equalize 7.8 15.5 31.0 46.5 62.0

Allan at Positive Energy