10 Jake conversion info wanted [RE-wrenches]

Bob Ellison ellison at gisco.net
Tue Apr 26 19:20:05 PDT 2005

Sign up today for a No Annual Fee Discover® Platinum Card and get…
0% Intro APR on Purchases & Balance Transfers for 8 Months, Up to
2% Cashback Bonus® reward on your purchases & 100% fraud
protection.
http://click.topica.com/caadlRMbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/DiscoverCard

I have gotten a call and visited a 10 k Jake that has continuity between
all the wires in the alternator, looks like the fellow was sold a piece
of scrap by one of the dealers in the state, (no one on this list)

Here is the question,

He wants to get it rewound to run 48 volt DC direct to the battery bank.

Does anyone ever heard of this being done successfully?
It is a 3 phase AC to start with, and I have no idea where to look for
someone with experience in the area. I expect it will involve governor
changes but just starting the learning curve.
N0 return call yet from the factory yet, can't really say I blame them.
I should have hid in the closet for this one.....
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Bob

Buy Stocks and Index Funds for just $4 No Account or
Investment Minimums and No Inactivity Fees Automatically
invest weekly or monthly and build your future.
http://click.topica.com/caadlVFbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Sharebuilder

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com