Batt voltage rises w/o charge [RE-wrenches]

Drake Chamberlin solar at ecoisp.com
Mon Apr 11 17:13:34 PDT 2005

Is your PC running slow? Try a FREE PC Health Check today!
http://click.topica.com/caadlCkbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PC Health Check

>Just for the record, Concorde batteries are not gel cells.

 From their web site I see you are right.  They are valve regulated sealed
lead acid batteries.

>Aside from that, I would say that if the batteries have been sitting
>uncharged for 7 years, they are totally gone.

They must be junk.  The amazing thing is that they charge and release
significant power.  Doing the numbers on their amp hours, if they were
reconditioned to 50% (as the battery re conditioner says he might be able
to do), 10 of them would store less power than four T 105s.  Four of them
would cost around $100 bucks over the cost of the reconditioning process.

The decision (to me) seems a "no brainer," but it is up to the customer now
that the facts have been given to him.

-Drake

Need a Laptop? Get a Sony Vaio Laptop Free!
http://click.topica.com/caadlVAbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ProductTestPanel

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com