About the CEC--quit yer complainin' [RE-wrenches]

Marco Mangelsdorf marco at pvthawaii.com
Tue Apr 5 18:49:57 PDT 2005

Get both the MiFi XM Satellite Radio and an Apple iPod for Free!
http://click.topica.com/caadlVDbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ProductTestPanel

I gotta say that all this moaning about the difficulties to get free money
from the state to do PV systems in the Golden State is a bit tiresome.  Mind
you, I'm a native Californian myself and have done quite a bit of PV work in
California, so I do know and appreciate the program that was pioneered by,
gag, Pete Wilson and the Democratic legislature.  But you guys in CA. don't
know how damn good you all have it there compared to places like Hawai''i.
What I wouldn't give to see anything close to the incentive program that
exists in CA. instituted here in Hawai'i.  We have some of the most abundant
sunshine and THE highest electric utility rates in the country, e.g., Kauai
27 cents/residential kWh and guess how many grid-tied net energy metered
systems have been installed to date?  A whopping 69!  And there were 4,000
installed in CA. last year alone....So come on guys and gals, try to
remember just how damn good you all have it compared to much of the rest of
the country.

And on another note, any feedback on the C.E.C. moving toward a
performance-based incentive program where solar kWhs will be paid for rather
than installed kW capacity?

marco
ProVision Technologies
Hilo, Hawai'i

Sign up today for a No Annual Fee Discover® Platinum Card and get…
0% Intro APR on Purchases & Balance Transfers for 8 Months, Up to
2% Cashback Bonus® reward on your purchases & 100% fraud
protection.
http://click.topica.com/caadlRMbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/DiscoverCard

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php