About the CEC [RE-wrenches]

Peter Duchon info at asappower.com
Tue Apr 5 18:04:12 PDT 2005

Want a laptop? Get an Apple iBook for free!
http://click.topica.com/caadlVBbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Amazing Computer

Well put, Joel.  William, you are not alone.  I can tell you an interesting
story about a wife's name being on the utility bill with the husband's name
on all the other evidence required.  I'm so happy they had the same last
name and that it wasn't a common law marriage...

Moreover, DC STC modules' Pmax per serial number of the module or as
averaged for the particular strings in a given system and the UL tested
efficiency percentage per inverter model might be the best way.  Of course,
in conjunction with a state's "certified" solar insolation per zip code.
That is, IF you have flash test data for each and every module you purchase
for use in the particular system being rebated.  We all know we are giving
consumers inaccurate power and energy estimates without their system's
modules' flash test data and the most efficient stringing of their high
voltage DC systems and knowledge of tested results concerning the chosen
inverters' efficiency.   And true enough, we can't really "estimate" the
particular weather a particular system will experience.  Also true:  there
would have to be ample inventories among module manufacturers for this to
really work prior to the given system's installation.

Perhaps the inverter manufacturers also perform some equivalent of a
module's flash testing that could be issued along with each inverter tested
and sold and used for a specific rebated system.   I believe this is already
a part of quality assurance/quality control testing common to most modern
electronics manufacturers'  ISO plants and their assembly lines (sic).

My question is why does this issue belong to the state's time and money?
They are there to administer a handout.  They should be proud to issue the
highest amount legally possible and stop quibbling about it.   Instead
they're wasting time duplicating information right in front of them -- IF
they asked for it.

Peter Duchon