About the CEC [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at slonet.org
Tue Apr 5 00:26:11 PDT 2005

Click Here for the #1 Investigative tool on the Net!
http://click.topica.com/caadlCpbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Web Detective

Colleagues:

In the issue of inverter listing, it appears the CEC has erred on the side
of obdurateness rather than patience.

While this issue is disturbing, it is not the only problem we have had with
the CEC.  I have found the CEC to be, on a regular basis, too arbitrary and
bureaucratic.  They appear, at times, bent on administering a dis-incentive
program.  Here are a few examples:

*It is always extremely difficult to reach people in the organization.

*We always send applications via certified mail, but after they loose
applications, they refuse too accept USPS return receipts as proof of
submission.  Other than hand delivery by a notary, what means do we have to
defend ourselves against this?

*They will reject an application for very minor typographical errors.   We
have had them sit on applications with minor typographic errors when, with
timely notification, we could correct these very minor errors.

*We are constantly having to bother our state representatives to intervene
on our behalf because there is no objective body overseeing the CEC.

Is it just us, or are others experiencing problems?

While I appreciate the good work that the CEC does, the problems such as
those described above are very frustrating.  I'd like to see us come
together to improve the CEC, protect the industry from overzealous
regulations, and to foster programs in other states.  Any suggestions on
how this can be accomplished?

William Miller

Is your PC running slow? Try a FREE PC Health Check today!
http://click.topica.com/caadlCkbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/PC Health Check

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com