SPAM-LOW: Pics of PV in Germany [RE-wrenches]

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection econnect at snowcrest.net
Mon Mar 14 10:30:33 PST 2005

Erase wrinkles without painful injections with Nexiderm SP.
Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to reduce wrinkles by 68% Start
your free 14-day trial today!
http://click.topica.com/caadfBPbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Nexiderm

Joel,
Nope, not all communities. Off grid sales are pretty flat year in and
year out-Y2crazyK excepted. While the eastern parts of my county have
as much sun as Florida, there is zero on grid PV being installed
there. Ironically, just over the border in Oregon (same utility, same
lines, same generation sources) business is booming. The incentives
make all the difference as you well know.
Certainly we pay the public benefits charge, that's state law. The
CPUC allowed the IOUs not "based" in CA to opt out of turning it over
to the CEC and use it for other stuff. In our case, Pacific Power
funds a non-profit called Great Northern which provides insulation,
weatherization, and firewood for low income folks pretty exclusively.
It's good work, but anyone not considered low income gets screwed.
Ironic, since the folks who get nothing pay everything, don't you
think? Whether the money is used efficiently or not is up for grabs.
My guess is the CPUC has the authority to do oversight but doesn't.
The CPUC could change the rule in a heartbeat, but we're very rural
with little population density and therefore no significant vote. No
one in the big cities gives a damn about us except for taking our
water and timber, so....
Over the years I've asked CalSeia several times to intervene in our
behalf but they wouldn't/couldn't/whatever. My impression back in
those days was that CalSeia was little more than a fraternal golfing
organization anyway, so I quit asking and supporting them. Apparently
the PV manus felt somewhat the same way recently.
so it goes...
Bob-O

>Bob-O,
>I agree that some Californians got a raw deal not getting rebates, but
>sales of PV in California has increased in all communities. Do folks in
>your area have to pay the public benefit charge? If yes, where's the money
>going?
>Joel Davidson

Get both the MiFi XM Satellite Radio and an Apple iPod for Free!
http://click.topica.com/caadeMlbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ProductTestPanel

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com