PV Powered Inverter Efficiency [RE-wrenches]

Graham Owen graham at solarexpert.com
Thu Jan 6 11:50:25 PST 2005

Race to claim your complimentary Chevy collectible!
http://click.topica.com/caac2NWbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PermissionData

Hi Keith,

I think we need it all; solar thermal and PV, residential, commercial, both
retrofit and new construction.  You mentioned that "ultimately the German
model must prevail".  I agree with respect to incentive funding based upon
energy output, but I have reservations regarding the current German tendency
to site PV considerable distances from populated load centers.  Distributed
Generation has tremendous value which is lost when PV power need to be
carried long distance through power transmission lines.  Fields of PV
located in close proximity to demand, such as the new Shell Solar, Eldorado
Hills, water treatment project will prove efficient, in my opinion.  With
respect to the current German model it appears some are having second
thoughts?

http://www.spectrum.ieee.org/WEBONLY/publicfeature/jan05/0105lsol.html

Graham

Like music?  Get a CD player on us. Click here.
http://click.topica.com/caac2NUbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/PermissionData

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com