Any experience with BZ Products [RE-wrenches]

Carl Reuter solarcruzer at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 6 17:51:15 PST 2005

http://click.topica.com/caaeatrbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PC PowerScan

I recently bought a few 250 watt MPPT type charge controllers from a
company called BZ Products. The price is right at $70 and it comes with
a lcd readout screen for volts and amps. The one thing that annoys me
though and I would love to get feedback on this is that they call it a
two stage charger thats supposedly adjustable but I come to find it only
charges to a setpoint and holds the batteries to that point. Sure its
adjustable but thats it. How can anyone consider that two-stage
charging? Whats even more stupid is they call that float voltage. I'm
tempted to return the units even though I have two of them sold. Does it
seem ridiculous to charge a small system to 14.7 volts and then keep it
there for the duration of the charge cycle/ One customer would use it on
a sailboat so I am not as concerned since panels get shaded so
frequently when the boat swings around at anchor that it would be rare
that the panels would keep the batteries at 14.7 for long. I told the BZ
tech or whatever he that of all the places to cut corners not offereing
true 2 stage charging seems like the wrong approach. Carl Reuter
Land and Sea Solar
Felton Ca 95018

Need a new Cell Phone? A BlackBerry 7250 could be yours free! Find
out how!
http://click.topica.com/caaeatubz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Amazing phone

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php