Commodity "10 watt" module available at Home Despot [RE-wrenches]

Bill Loesch, Saint Louis Solar bill_loesch at compuserve.com
Sat Jul 23 05:46:13 PDT 2005

Get up to $1500.00 Fast and Easy!
No Credit Checks! No Paper Hassles! Nothing To Fax!
Apply Online and We'll Contact You Within the Hour!
http://click.topica.com/caadHk7bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/911PaydayAdvance

Here in the "heartland of America", St. Louis, MO,  HD is offering multi
crystal modules under their own house brand alongside mating vent fans. The
only user readable info beyond "made in China" was a  vendor number. They
also offered a 10 year warranty.

My humble guess is that this product offering is in response to at least
one of the home improvement shows that feature certain products, most
recently solar attic fans. Probably some impulse purchases and later
disappointment for any one of a number of reasons. "That damn solar stuff
just doesn't work."

Oh yes, the zip cord style wire on the HD module was single jacketed and
the insulation was approx. the size of the stranded wire on my Siemens now
Shell 10 watt modules.

Caveat emptor.

Bill Loesch
Solar 1 - Saint Louis Solar

Hi gang. Careful, though -- unless they are the same module that Travis has
previous experience with, you should know that Northern has been
(innocently, I presume) purchasing some of their modules from a company in
China that is grossly overrating their modules. These may not be those
modules, I have no idea. Just be cautious.

BTW, if anyone would like to see an interesting study and report on
overrated modules being sent to Kenya and other developing countries,
please contact me off list.

  <

Get a Free Sirius Satellite Package, don't pass on this!
http://click.topica.com/caadHlCbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ProductTestPanel

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com