Robust products (was NiCd Plate exposure) [RE-wrenches]

Roy Butler, Four Winds RE roy at four-winds-energy.com
Tue Jul 19 11:19:46 PDT 2005

Need cash fast?  Would a quick $1,500 help?
A cash advance loan can put the money you need in
your account today. A fast, confidential application
takes less than 2 minutes.
http://click.topica.com/caadJWsbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/CashAdvance

Hey Mr. Sharkey...

Thanks to a post by you to this list back around January, I have a similar experience but with Edison Ni-Fe cells. We went to Virginia, took app. 9,000 pounds of cells off of
a steam train and brought 'em home.

All have electrolyte, all made between 1932 and 1941. All the banks I've
cleaned, charged and load tested have come back to within 60% of their
original capacity. According to the manuals, they should come back even
better with subsequent 100% dod and chargings.

One of the secrets to their longevity is that when the railroad people
stopped using them, they were discharged and purposely shorted for
storage. How many batteries of modern manufacture can you do THAT to???

Yes, I know....they are not very efficient...but they sure do LAST!

Roy Butler
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer™
Four Winds Renewable Energy, LLC
8902 Route 46
Arkport, NY 14807
607-324-9747
www.four-winds-energy.com
NYSERDA eligible PV installer for PON 716
NYSERDA eligible wind installer for PON 792

--
Roy Butler
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer™
Four Winds Renewable Energy, LLC
8902 Route 46
Arkport, NY 14807
607-324-9747
www.four-winds-energy.com
NYSERDA eligible PV installer for PON 716
NYSERDA eligible wind installer for PON 792

Hershey’s® or Ghirardelli® Chocolate?
Take our Nationwide Chocolate Survey today!
Receive a FREE* $100 restaurant gift card of your choice or $100
worth Hershey’s® or Ghirardelli® Chocolate for participating!
http://click.topica.com/caadKa5bz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Chocolate Survey

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com