Modern Jacobs [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Tue Jul 19 10:36:30 PDT 2005

Oreo's
Take our Nationwide Oreo Survey.
Receive a Free* Restaurant Gift card of your choice or a one year
supply of Oreo's. Hurry, limited time only!
http://click.topica.com/caadJ9dbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/CookieSurvey

Hello All,

Please excuse is this is a repeat for those also on the AWEA list.

I am researching the Jacobs turbine manufactured by WTI from Prior Lake, MN.
We have installed small turbines of all sizes including the 10 kW Bergey
Excel-S and a 65 kW Nordtank.  But we have no experience with the Jacobs
machine.  It does enjoy a great reputation but we've all been bit by
products with great reputations.

We already have approval from the local utility to use the Jacobs turbine
with MasterMind inverter.  Combined with our low wind resource and
customer's energy needs we are looking at the 20 kW model.

The customer understands that the Jacobs will require maintenance and has no
problem with that.  They will contract us to do it.

I'd really like to hear of others direct experience with these Jacobs
machines from WTI.  Good or bad.  Any thing you have, on or off list would
be appreciated.

Thanks so much in advance,

Travis Creswell

Ozark Energy Services, Inc.

10633 Foliage Rd.

Joplin, MO 64804

417-623-6296

Ben & Jerry’s® or Häagen-Dazs®?
Take our Nationwide Ice Cream Survey today! Receive a FREE* $100
Restaurant Gift Card of your choice or $100 worth of Ben &
Jerry’s® or Häagen-Dazs® ice cream for participating!
http://click.topica.com/caadKb7bz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Ice Cream Research Survey

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com