New wire for array wiring? [RE-wrenches]

Carl Reuter solarcruzer at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 20 20:10:25 PST 2004

Claim your fully stuffed Christmas Stocking now
http://click.topica.com/caacVmdbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PermissionData

I finally got info on the wire I had first asked about. It is called
Teck cable and is multi-conductor with an armored sheath and there are
terminations available that ground the sheath with internal springs in
the termination. Check out
http://www.crouse-hinds.com/CrouseHinds/newproducts/relatedinfo/Teck_Sell_Sheet.pdf

Apparently the cable has been popular in Canada and is now seeing use in
the states. I havent priced it to see how it cost out compared to
running conduit and pulling wire to get from the array to the inverter
but it looks like a labor saver. Those Crouse Hinds fittings look pretty
expensive but they sure are sexy. Carl Reuter, Land and Sea Solar.
Bill Brooks wrote:

> Dean,
>
> Does your wire say "sunlight resistant" directly on it? If not, it is
> not
> good trade practice since it is not so marked. If so, what manufacturer
> do
> you use so that others can know about it.
>
> Bill.

Land and Sea Solar
po box 1507,Soquel,Ca. 95073

Amazing Diet Patch