KC167's & SH167's in same series string & mppt [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Clearwater clrwater at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 6 10:54:04 PST 2004

**Attention Vioxx Users: Merck Knew About harmful effects** You
may be entitled to a cash settlement from Merck. No
Obligation- just answer this 60 second survey to find out.
http://click.topica.com/caacVlObz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Penn Media

Hey Jerry,

My understanding is you'll be fine.  The series
amperage will go to the least common denominator
- i.e. the weakest link wins.  That much voltage
difference shouldn't cause problems.

MPPT will simply track the combined resultant
which should be within  a few tenths of a percent
of the ideal.

Jeff C.

>Your free subscription is supported by today's sponsor:
>We can reduce your unsecured credit card debt by 40-60%.
>Donít file bankruptcy.  Be Debt Free in as little as 1 year. Take
>control of your situation.  100% FREE Consultation.
>http://click.topica.com/caacVlYbz8Qcsa9hBZia/KnockOutDebt
>
>Wrenches,
>
>I have a customer we installed a 2 kW PV system for
>last year.  The existing array is 12 Sharp 167 watt
>modules on a Sunny Boy 1800.  He now wants to add six
>modules and upgrade to a SunnyBoy 2500.
>
>We have six Kyocera 167's in our warehouse, which I'd
>like to make use of since we won't be getting any more
>in the near future.  Will there be a substantial power
>penalty by adding these modules in series to the
>existing Sharp 167's?
>
>The electrical characteristics of the two modules are
>very close, but not exact.  The Kyocera has a slightly
>lower Vmp (.3 volts), which I'm thinking shouldn't be
>of much consequence since the voltages should just add
>in series.  The Kyocera also has a slightly higher Imp
>(.1 amps) which shouldn't create a bottleneck for the
>existing array.
>
>Are my assumptions safe here, or will this throw off
>the mppt function of the inverter?
>
>Cheers,
>
>=====
>Jerry Caldwell
>NABCEP Certified PV Installer
>Light Energy Systems
>965 Detroit Ave
>Concord, CA 94518
>
>925-680-4343 office
>510-205-2798 mobile

>Free Thanksgiving recipes for you
>http://click.topica.com/caacVmgbz8Qcsa9hBZif/PermissionData
>
>- - - -
>
>Archive of previous messages: http://lists.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/read
>
>List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php
>
>Check out participant bios: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/
>
>Hosted by Home Power magazine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jeff Clearwater
Village Power Design Associates
Sustainable Energy & Water Solutions for Home & Village
http://www.villagepower.com
gosolar at villagepower.com

530-470-9166
877-SOLARVillage
877-765-2784
425 Nimrod St.
Nevada City, CA 95959
Win a Lexus RX330! Class and beauty rolled up in an SUV! Drive
your family this winter in style. Make it yours! Click below and
sign up now!
http://click.topica.com/caacVl3bz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Vente

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php