Induction motor question [RE-wrenches]

Charlie Robb, Element Engineering element.eng at quista.net
Sat Dec 4 03:31:44 PST 2004

Attention Women! Win a $50,000 Ultimate Makeover! Become the
newest “Hottie” on the block. Or use the $50,000 how you wish.
Make it yours below!
http://click.topica.com/caacVl6bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Vente

Matt,

If this induction machine has two rather than three excitation capacitors.
are you sure it is loaded on two phases? It sounds more like a three-phase
motor configured "C-2C" for single phase output. In that case the machine is
connected in delta, with a capacitor size C on one phase, a capacitor size 2
x C on the next phase and nothing on the other phase. The load connects to
the "C" phase.

I can't take credit for the brains on this, I always refer to Nigel Smith's
book "Motors as Generators for Micro-Hydro power" ISBN 1 85339 286 3.
Everything you ever needed to know about doing clever things with induction
machines.

I hope this helps? I can spare a week after Christmas if you need me to go
and fix it  ;-)

Cheers
Charlie

Charlie Robb

Element Engineering UK Ltd.

WE HAVE MOVED! PLEASE NOTE NEW ADDRESS
Lornty House, Blairgowrie, Perthshire  PH10 6TB     UK

Office Tel: 01250 873906  Fax: 01250 873945  Mobile: 07887 991866

www.elementengineering.com

Registered in Scotland 263991

"Disclaimer:

This e-mail is intended only for the addressee and may contain
information that is confidential or privileged.  If you are not the
intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print
or rely on this e-mail.  If an addressing or transmission error has
misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this
e-mail."

4 Free Low-Fat recipes
http://click.topica.com/caacVmebz8Qcsbz9JC9f/PermissionData

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com