More Kohler RES controller stuff [RE-wrenches]

Drake Chamberlin solar at ecoisp.com
Thu Dec 2 10:42:47 PST 2004

4 Free Low-Fat recipes
http://click.topica.com/caacVmebz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PermissionData

One solution that I once used is to use the solar battery bank as the
starter battery.  A 24 volt system can be center tapped and balanced.  A 48
volt system can use a similar strategy.  Run a big cable out to the
generator shed.

This can raise some grounding issues, depending on the generator.

Drake

At 09:51 AM 12/2/2004 -0800, you wrote:

>Your free subscription is supported by today's sponsor:
>Amazing Diet Patch
>The fastest - Easiest way to lose weight! Try it now FREE!
>http://click.topica.com/caacVmibz8Qcscfm4Owa/MyDietPatches
>
>  Bill,
>
>  A 1 1/2 amp, 120 volt draw on an off-grid system is not an acceptable
> solution - at least not for anyone I know; this is the whole reason for
> the discussion. Not including system inefficiencies, this load requires
> 4.32 kWh a day from a PV system - more than a typical refrigerator.
>
>  Also, in spite of the many strong points for Diesel sets, most off-grid
> home owners prefer to have only one fuel delivered to their homes, and
> since propane is already being trucked in, it is the obvious choice.
> Besides that, propane fueled generators are quieter, cleaner and will
> last as long as Diesel sets in residential applications.
>
>  Matt T
>  ----- Original Message -----  From: "Bill Haase" <haaseenergy at sbcglobal.net>

We can reduce your unsecured credit card debt by 40-60%.
Don’t file bankruptcy.  Be Debt Free in as little as 1 year. Take
control of your situation.  100% FREE Consultation.
http://click.topica.com/caacVlYbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/KnockOutDebt

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com