Load control [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at slonet.org
Sat Nov 6 11:20:31 PST 2004

4 Free Low-Fat recipes
http://click.topica.com/caacOlzbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PermissionData

Friends:

Thanks to Bob-O and others for feedback.  This application has a Heart
Interface that won't die.  I'm still nostalgic for the 120/240 output.....

I know the C40 is PWM for charge control, but was unaware it is PWM for
load control.  My data acquisition curve shows simple on/off
switching.  Maybe my sample rate is too low to show PWM?

In any event the failure of two C40s to work reliably tells me it's the
wrong device.  Solar Converter may have a device.  What about Morning
star?  Now that I'm typing this, I realize I have a two channel voltage
controlled switch in the shop.  APC, methinks....

William

At 05:31 PM 11/5/2004, you wrote:

>William,
>The C40 is a PWM controller with no adjustment for turn on, turn off.
>Inappropriate for driving a relay or any motor load. It should be used for
>resistive loads only. You need a very simple voltage controlled switch
>with adjustable on and off points to drive the relay. If you are using an
>SW inverter, you've got it built in already. If an SW+, buy the ALM module.
>bob-O
>>Friends:

Claim your tickets to Universal Orlando now
http://click.topica.com/caacOlubz8Qcsbz9JC9f/PermissionData

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com