SWIFT rooftop-mounted horizontal-axis..... [RE-wrenches]

Hugh Piggott hugh at scoraigwind.co.uk
Fri Oct 29 05:50:02 PDT 2004

Like music? Get a CD Player here
http://click.topica.com/caacNowbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PermissionData

>Anyone know, or have heard about, the above wind system - out of
>Edinburgh, Scotland.
>
>The company calls themselves Renewable Devices Ltd.
>info at renewabledevices.com
>
>This is out of their promo,   "The SWIFTT is the only
>rooftop-mountable horizontal axis wind turbine capable of augmenting
>local grid power or heating hot water.  Technologically, it is
>significantly more advanced and effective than existing rooftop
>turbines, which are not feasible for building mounting due to the
>production of significant noise and vibration (also their size in
>the case of vertical axis turbines). "
>
>Sounds really good, doesn't it (hmmmmmm)
>
>Like most others, time will tell.

WE did discuss this before
>At 7:27 AM +0100 8/6/04, Hugh Piggott wrote:
>At 12:06 PM +0100 3/6/04, Charlie Robb, Element Engineering wrote:
>>
>>This is a real product, and it has recently been installed with much fanfare
>>as a pilot project on some school roofs near here. I haven't seen the
>>machines for myself and will *not* comment on the design (which may be very
>>clever, quiet and safe), but I am glad it wasn't me who installed prototype
>>rotating machinery on rooftops near children.
>
>The hoop is supposed to prevent blades flying off and also reduce
>noise.  I complained to them that their claims for energy production
>were unrealistic and now they seem to have taken all data about the
>machine off the site.
>
>When I was there they were flying a Lakota and an AIR but the Swift
>was not working.  They were nowhere near to being 'in production'
>but having lots of fun.
>--
>Hugh
>Scoraig Wind Electric
>http://www.scoraigwind.co.uk/

The swift website http://www.renewabledevices.com/swift.htm claims
completely unrealistic energy production and continues to do so in
spite of my protests.

By the way I'd like to mention that my web site is moving, so your
old bookmarks or favourite links may not work in future.  I am moving
my web site from 'enterprise' to http://scoraigwind.com - a new
domain hosted by the amazing Wondermagnet crew in Colorado.
--
Hugh
Scoraig Wind Electric

Claim your companion air fare now!