Updated Solar Tankless [RE-wrenches]

Nick Lucchese nickl at sierrasolar.com
Thu Oct 28 18:24:37 PDT 2004

Claim your companion air fare now!
http://click.topica.com/caacNoxbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PermissionData

  Anyone know the story of the new Bosch Pro Tankless series? I've
heard the old Bosch Aquastars were actually manufactured by Takagi
and the new Pro Tankless really originates with Bosch? We've had a
couple pass through the store but no chance to take it out of the
package. The 425 HN is essentially the old 125 HX with both the hydro
ignition and the solar preheat S/modulation option combined. Costs
about $100 more but seems like the best option for off grid
installations desiring solar thermal.
  Also, Scott mentioned that he's about to install a TK Jr and will
post the results of phantom /standby draw. I'd love to see the
results since I've heard .4 amps from a tech at Takagi but he didn't
seem to be certain about it. That sort of consumption forces it to be
on a switch but yet again the they could not guarantee that it's
alright to be turning it off and on that many times or something
about it being alright as long as you were not using the temperature
remote controller? Any experiences?

Thanks again, Nick A Lucchese

>Your free subscription is supported by today's sponsor:
>Your Neighbors will envy your Garden when you get 100 bulbs on us
>http://click.topica.com/caacNoJbz8Qcsbbdj4Fa/PermissionData
>

>>  David Henry [mailto:david at harmonyfarm.com]
>   asked...
>
>>  What have peoples experiences been with the Aquastar hydro ignition?
>>  Is it reliable?
>
>Despite the extra $100 on the price, this model has been far and away
>the best-seller since Bosch/Aquastar came out with it a couple years
>ago. We've probably sold several hundred. I've heard zero problems with
>this unit, and I spend half my life now talking with customers.
>Reliable? Indeed it is! It's been the most trouble-free model Aquastar
>has offered to date.
>
>Cheers,
>Doug Pratt
>Real Goods Technical Editor
>
>Your free subscription is supported by today's sponsor:
>Go on a Cruise for Free!
>http://click.topica.com/caacNoZbz8Qcsbbdj4Ff/PermissionData
>
>- - - -
>
>Archive of previous messages: http://lists.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/read