Wrenches Profiles Memberlist [RE-wrenches]

Michael Welch michael.welch at homepower.com
Mon Oct 4 11:00:32 PDT 2004

Get 4 Free low-fat, low-carb recipes
http://click.topica.com/caacHMObz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PermissionData

Thank-you Sharkey! This is a great improvement.

Wrenches, please update your profiles at your early convenience!

Mr. Sharkey wrote at 10:31 AM 10/04/2004:

>Greetings Wrenches One-and-All;
>
>Just a note here from your Profiles Administrator to let you know that I've moved my web site to a new server and with the move, enhanced the appearance and functionality of the RE Wrenches Profile Pages, now called the 'RE Wrenches Memberlist'.
>
>The new format and software of the Memberlist is based on a popular internet forum, and now allows each member to register using a password. This means that it is now possible for each of you to edit your profiles yourself in real time. All of the information is contained in a secure database, so that your e-mail address, telephone number and other personal and business information is safe from being harvested by crawling web robots and spiders.
>
>All of the profiles that existed on the old server have been transferred to the new database in the same order as before, so your existing profiles are ready for viewing and editing. The only information that was not migrated to the new Memberlist profiles was time-sensitive data such as your age and time in business. The new profiles ask you to enter this information as month/year, and at some point in the future I hope to modify the software to calculate the dates into an elapsed time format for display..
>
>Rather than assign each Wrench a username/password combination, I decided to allow you to authenticate your profiles through a simple procedure that will email you a confirmation notice that contains a random interim password which you may change if you wish. More specific instructions can be found in the Memberlist FAQ: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/faq.php .
>
>I'm sure that Michael would like each of you to view your existing profiles to insure that the information is correct and complete, and make any desired changes. If playing on your guilt will help motivate you to update your profile, consider that over the last few weeks, I have personally copy-and-pasted each individual line of information from 213 profiles into the registration form on the site to create the database. If I can spend dozens of hours doing this, it shouldn't be much of a hardship for anyone else to spend five minutes making the information in their profile current. ( As an aside, having read each and every profile at least once last month, I feel I know you all a lot better now.)
>
>Those of you who have not yet completed a profile may want to do so now as the system is set to allow new profiles to be added without Administrator authentication. After a short time, I will be switching it over to require that new profiles be approved by the Administrator, so the process is easier and quicker right now.
>
>To view the new Wrenches Memberlist, browse over to http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches . New profiles can be added by clicking 'Register' at the top of the pages.

> [...]

Michael Welch

------------------------
"Whenever I read Time or Newsweek or such magazines, I wash my hands afterward. But how to wash off the small but odious stain such reading leaves on the mind?"
			Edward Abbey

Michael Welch, michael.welch at homepower.com
     Home Power magazine
     www.homepower.com