AstroPower APx-75-SC [RE-wrenches]

Doug Pratt dmpratt at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 30 20:12:26 PDT 2004

Get 4 Free low-fat, low-carb recipes
http://click.topica.com/caacG3rbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PermissionData

Good luck Randy. The APX series was a string ribbon polycrystalline
material that Astropower developed about the same time as Evergreen was
getting ramped up with their own string ribbon. I saw APX prototype
samples about 5-6 years ago, the 12-volt, 90-watt version even managed
to get listed (to my embarrassment) in the 10th Edition Solar Living
Sourcebook in '99, but production all went overseas. They never offered
this module officially in the US. You stumble across a stash of them in
some dark corner? We set a retail price of $499 on the 90-watt in '99 if
that helps.

Cheers,
Doug Pratt
Real Goods Technical Editor