EZ-fire alternatives? [RE-wrenches]

Geoff Greenfield Geoff at Third-Sun.Com
Fri Oct 1 10:57:05 PDT 2004

Is Unemployment on the rise? Answer and Win!
http://click.topica.com/caacHNhbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PermissionData

I apologize as this may be in the archives...

A competitor's customer called me after discovering the hard way some of the
shortcomings of the South West EZ-wire controller.  No major damage, but
they want something different.  They already have an APT tapering diversion
regulator on the system, so I am thinking I just need a rectifier scheme.
Perhaps this may be time to go up to 24 volts (and a Bergey), we shall see -
the bird is a whisper H-90 and seems to do alright up there... shame its a
12 volt system - they really have outgrown it.  They also complained about
frequent tripping of the 40 amp solar breaker in the EZ-fire (they have 80
amps of solar going through it).  I think I am going to tell them to start
over.... but in the meanwhile... has anyone cobbed together diodes for this
sort of application?

Sincerely,

Geoff Greenfield
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer TM
GLREA Certified Photovoltaic Systems Integrator/Installer License Number
0211-01

THIRD SUN SOLAR AND WIND POWER Ltd.
340 West State Street, Unit 25
Athens, OH 45701

Phone (740) 597-3111
Fax   (740) 597-1548

www.third-sun.com

End of RE-wrenches at topica.com digest, issue 1554
---

Are Americans getting fat? Give us your opinion and win.
http://click.topica.com/caacHM7bz8Qcsbz9JC9f/PermissionData

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com