phone buzz and DR to FX [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at slonet.org
Tue Sep 7 08:01:41 PDT 2004

Amazing Diet Patch
http://click.topica.com/caacBBBbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/MyDietPatches

Kids:

I have a client with an off-grid recording studio, probably the worst case
situation for buzz problems to occur.  The Heart Interface created an
untenable buzz.  We tested with battery powered equipment and found the
buzz was emitted from the Romex in the studio and received on the guitar
pickups, which are great antennas.  We had an SW on site with a feeder
running right next to the studio.  We installed a transfer switch to use SW
power while recording.  That helped substantially.  When the Heart died we
installed a Stat Power and it was the quietest of all.

William Miller

>Geoff,
>Phone buzz is almost a signature of the mod square wave. When we went to
>the Trace SW in 1994, it almost-but not quite-disappeared. Gone on my
>Outback FX system.
>bob-o

Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
http://click.topica.com/caacBBEbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/OmahaSteaks

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm