phone buzz and DR to FX [RE-wrenches]

Mark Edmunds mark.edmunds at xantrex.com
Thu Sep 2 16:27:58 PDT 2004

Amazing Diet Patch
http://click.topica.com/caacBBBbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/MyDietPatches

Hi Goff,

There are several things that can be done to reduce inverter noise on
telephones, such as ensuring the system is well grounded, and twisting
the battery cables together to minimize the loop area between them if
possible. There is a good summary of what can help in a tech note in
Home Power #38 from Dec 93, called "Buzz Free Telephones on Inverter
Power", which goes through a step by step process on how to reduce
interference.

Switching to a low noise (FCC Class B) sinewave inverter like the SW
Plus series can help too!

General note to all wrenches - if looking for Xantrex support remember
there are several ways to get hold of someone -

* Toll Free:
1-800-670-0707
1-800-446-6180
We have a total of 15 Call Center and Tech Support Reps ready to serve
dealers.

* Email: customerservice at xantrex.com

* Forum: <www.xantrex.com/forum>

* Priority Line:
If you are a Xantrex Certified Dealer, we also have a priority emergency
line for issues while on a job site. The phone call is routed past the
call center and a light goes off in the service room indicating that a
priority incoming call is coming in.
To apply to be a certified dealer follow the link...
<http://www.xantrex.com/dealer/indexpages.asp?did=421&p=1>

Regards

Mark Edmunds
Xantrex Technology

Geoff at Third-Sun.com wrote:

> hey now all you fine wrenches...
>
> An old system with a DR1524 has gone from temporary cabin to full time
> residence.  With that has come a phone line, and complaints about "buzz"
> on
> the line.  She is ready to trade up to an outback, and has asked if the
> buzz
> is related to the mod sine (and will go away with the upgrade).
>
> I am looking for input... I lived with a DR for years and had no buzz
> issues
> (well not that kind)... but then again it is a subjective thing and I am
> victim of teenage car stereo abuse and way too many concerts....
>
> I asked her if the problem was with a electric phone only or with a
> simple
> one also.  I also asked her if the phone company grounded to her ground
> rod
> (somewhat buried under a new deck) or if they put in their own rod
> (waiting
> on answers).  I don't want to assume the prob is in the wave and have
> her
> upgrade and still have the problem....  any ideas or experience would be
> helpful folks - thanks!
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Geoff Greenfield
> NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer TM
> GLREA Certified Photovoltaic Systems Integrator/Installer License Number
> 0211-01

Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
http://click.topica.com/caacBBEbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/OmahaSteaks

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm