Flexible Cables: Important Safety Issue [RE-wrenches]

Kurt Albershardt info at es-ee.com
Fri Aug 27 22:55:44 PDT 2004

Save up to 80% on Inkjet & Toner Supplies. 100% Satisfaction
Guarantee. Free Shipping on orders over $49. www.inksoutlet.com
http://click.topica.com/caacAsfbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Inksoutlet

--On Friday, August 27, 2004 6:12 PM -0700 Frank Fowler <cpae1 at direcway.com> wrote:

> What about all the welding cables that have been subjected to foul weather, horrible chemicals, and  welding slag etc. through the years and are still being used?

This has been a bone of contention between the field and the code for as long as I can recall.  Welding cable is in realworld use on innumerable electric forklifts and other intense battery applications and performs quite well there.  The jacket is certainly more robust than the thermoplastic cabling whicn is officially approved for many locations.  The only problem I can personally see with it is the untinned stranding which tends to corrode more easily in caustic atmospheres.

.

Need cash fast? Get a $500 CASH ADVANCE overnight! Let
YourCashCentral get you the cash you need.
http://click.topica.com/caacxycbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/MyOnlinePayday

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com