Selling tactic for MPPT [RE-wrenches]

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection econnect at snowcrest.net
Mon Aug 9 15:40:48 PDT 2004

Amazing Diet Patch
http://click.topica.com/caacvgtbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/MyDietPatches

William,
I can't believe that I now find myself on the OTHER side of this
thing! I fought this battle in Home Power years ago with J.W. He was
maintaining that you couldn't use QOs in a 24V PV system because the
Voc adjusted for edge of cloud effect, temperature, and the standard
25% cushion put it above the 48VDC rating. I STILL think that's
ridiculous, but this is different. I'm not talking Voc. I'm talking
the working voltage that the CB is subjected to. By your explanation,
you could use a QO at 120,480, whatever VDC. If you did that, I
suspect that the contacts might arc and weld if you actually needed
them to break. As I said, it will probably work just fine in your
case and no big deal. On the other hand, an inspector could make the
valid argument that you are routinely exceeding the UL tested,
working voltage of the breaker, especially on the PV side of the CC.
Who needs that? Better to use a different CB or RK-5 fuses. The QO
has a Aic of 10K Amps, BTW.
Best, bob-O

--
Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection
PO Box 203, Hornbrook, CA 96044

Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
http://click.topica.com/caacvgpbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/OmahaSteaks

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm