72vdc Battery charging for siren [RE-wrenches]

Windy Dankoff, Dankoff Solar windy at dankoffsolar.com
Tue Aug 3 08:41:40 PDT 2004

Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
http://click.topica.com/caacvgpbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/OmahaSteaks

The siren requires lots of current because it accelerates up to speed
in an inefficient way. It uses a series-wound DC motor, like a car
starter. As the pitch rises, it is speeding up in what is in effect, a
long-duration starting surge.

Then they cut the power and let the speed coast down, then apply power
again to speed it up. The structure is like a centrifugal blower with a
set of large whistles around it.

Always something to talk about on this group!

You might want to contact BZ products if you need a custom charge
controller that nobody else wants to make.

Windy

http://click.topica.com/caacvgtbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/MyDietPatches

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm