Solar near Airports [RE-wrenches]

Mark Byington markbyington at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 16 21:40:59 PDT 2004

Apply now for a No-Annual-Fee Discover® Platinum Card
0% Intro APR*, No Annual Fee, Up to 2% Cashback Bonus®
award* Start Saving Today – APPLY NOW! It's fast, easy and
secure.
http://click.topica.com/caacpgwbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/DiscoverCard

I agree with John that using an inverter that complies with FCC Part 15 is a good idea.  You need to find out if the airport requires Part 15 Class A or Class B compliance.  As Bill says, Part 15 issues are generally only a problem close up - for instance, standing in front of a noncompliant inverter, your cell phone might not work.  This is because the signal power of the RFI from the inverter falls off as the square of the distance.  So if the plane is 300 ft high and 300 ft to the side, this is 425 ft away, and the signal is one-five-thousandth as strong at 425 ft as it is at 6 ft, assuming no signal ducting by the metal building.  Probably OK, but given the importance of the situation, I would not only use an inverter with Part 15 certification, I would also hire a consultant (communications engineer) to make sure you have all the bases covered.

Mark Byington
Cobalt Power Systems

Get a Great Credit Card for You Today
You can find a credit card to fit your credit needs.
All types of credit cards -- 0% APRs, Rewards, & Bad Credit.
http://click.topica.com/caacpgdbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/411Web

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com