small diesel generator [RE-wrenches]

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 21 05:56:41 PDT 2004

Give Your Team Access to Their PCs from Anywhere. Increase
productivity with a secure remote-access solution from
GoToMyPC Pro. Stay in touch with your office. FREE TRIAL:
http://click.topica.com/caaciqXbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ExpertCity

Hi all
As always I am impressed by Hugh's knowledge, but I
still disagree.  In my most recient example DC
charging is the only solution.  I have a very large
surge load, the AC generator can not handle, yet the
inverters can.  So I have 5 outback vfx inverters,
supplying the load, and I use a MX to charge the
batteries from the generator.

I step down the genertor to 60 volts with a X240
transformer, and rectify and then to the MX which
charges the battery.
Thanks
Daryl

http://click.topica.com/caaciqXbz8Qcsbd5Ekwf/ExpertCity