Travel Time or Mileage Charge? What Will It Be?[RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Mon Jun 7 12:25:56 PDT 2004

Empower your Team with Remote Access. GoToMyPC Pro
provides your organization with instant remote access to
email,files, applications and network resources in real
time. FREE TRIAL:
http://click.topica.com/caaciqTbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ExpertCity

>We charge 50 cents a mile round trip + one way x our shop rate too. One
>additional thing I do is start the on the job clock when we hit bad dirt
>road. I have even considered an extra mileage charge when I have to lock
>into 4 wheel drive, but we are definitely on the clock in and out when the
>hubs are locked in. One job took four hours just to get into, we had to
>use a winch, etc. The whole crew was on the clock, because we were working!

I only recently started charging one way travel, because the long distance
jobs just weren't worth the hassle. If you're like me, you probably spend a
whole lot more prep and loading time so you  don't forget anything, than on
a local job. I may go up to what Todd is doing charging the whole way. It
sure gets spendy for customers with smaller systems though. I'm trying to
make it work for everybody, but you can't shortchange yourself all the time
either. (I used to not even charge mileage, Duh)

Ray
SolarRay, Inc.

>For what it is worth, my time starts when I leave the house for a job and ends
>when I return.
>
>Todd
>

>William Korthof wrote:
>
> > Ouch, $0.22/mile (!!). Our vans run on CNG, which comes to $0.10/mile.
> > Several of the other vehicles are electric, which runs <$0.06/mile
> > (or free...our building now has a nice PV array and is a net producer).
> >
> > (sorry, had to slip that in)
> >
> > Charging the normal hourly rate for one-way travel, plus $0.35-$1.00/mi
> > for distance, is totally appropriate.
> >
> > /wk

>Let University of Phoenix make 2004 your year. Evening,
>weekend or FlexNet® classes ­ over 130 locations. Look
>into our programs and get the degree that gets you going!
>http://click.topica.com/caaciq1bz8QcsbeuiVOf/UOP
>

>- - - -
>
>Archive of previous messages: http://lists.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/read
>
>List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm
>
>Check out participant bios: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/
>
>Hosted by Home Power magazine

Apply now for a No-Annual-Fee Discover® Platinum Card
0% Intro APR*, No Annual Fee, Up to 2% Cashback Bonus®
award* Start Saving Today – APPLY NOW! It's fast, easy and
secure.
http://click.topica.com/caaciqQbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Discover Card

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm