Module shortage rumors [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Clearwater clrwater at earthlink.net
Tue May 11 21:30:59 PDT 2004

Cancel your low-carb diet. Lose weight. Choose your own
foods. Learn more about our program at:
http://click.topica.com/caaccM7bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ Dr. Smith

Hi All,

At the Energy Outfitters Tech Seminar in March, the salesman from
Isofoton was there and mentioned the European PV market situation.
The upcoming (now here) shortage was one of the reasons they thought
they might do well in the American Market as they say they can
deliver consistently in the coming months.  Nice panels (single
crystal) - and a good independent company - check them out if you
haven't already.    EO is distributing them.
http://www.isofoton.com/espaniol/ingles/intro.htm

And last I spoke to Evergreen they had plenty of  product - is that
still the case?  Anyone know of their supply situation?  Kyocera?

Jeff C.

>Fellow Wrenches,
>I have been hearing regular rumors about impending shortages of PV modules.
>So far, I haven't experienced it directly. I'm writing for more info, to
>probably benefit all of us. So:
>1. What definitive information do we have about shortages of PV modules?
>2. Specific brands? Sizes?
>3. Anticipated dates? Has anyone been unable to secure desired modules
>already?
>4. What are the reasons given for impending shortages? I have heard overseas
>demand, declining exchange rate for American dollars--what else?
>5. What are you telling your customers in anticipation of shortages?
>
>I woul like to minimize rumor and hype, which sometimes feeds on itself. At
>the same time, I'd like to be able to plan accordingly and keep my customers
>informed.
>
>Thank you for good information
>Allan at Pos Energy

>Empower your Team with Remote Access. GoToMyPC Pro
>provides your organization with instant remote access to
>email,files, applications and network resources in real
>time. FREE TRIAL:
>http://click.topica.com/caaccMSbz8Qcsa9hBZif/ ExpertCity
>
>- - - -
>
>Archive of previous messages: http://lists.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/read
>
>List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm
>
>Check out participant bios: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/
>
>Hosted by Home Power magazine

Jeff Clearwater
Village Power Design Associates
http://www.villagepower.com
jeffc at villagepower.com
Sustainable Energy & Water Solutions for Home & Village

NABCEP Certified PV Installer

Office:  (413) 256-6777,  Cell: (720)480-8455
Fax:  (413) 825-0372
61 Baker Road
Shutesbury, MA 01072;
PO Box 115
Boonville, CA  95415
(877) 765-2784

Council Member - Ecovillage Network of the Americas - http://www.ecovillage.org
Advisory Board - Living Routes - Ecovillage Education -
http://www.livingroutes.org
Founder:  Ecovillage Research, Development, and Demonstration Program:
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~clrwater/RDD/rdd.html

Graduate in less than 13 months with AIU’s Online virtual
campus. Classrooms and student service as close as your
computer. Highly accredited, study anytime – anywhere.
http://click.topica.com/caaccM2bz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ AIU

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com