Module shortage rumors [RE-wrenches]

Nick Nicholas APS at SBCGLOBAL.NET
Tue May 11 17:57:10 PDT 2004

Empower your Team with Remote Access. GoToMyPC Pro
provides your organization with instant remote access to
email,files, applications and network resources in real
time. FREE TRIAL:
http://click.topica.com/caaccMSbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ ExpertCity

Hi wrenches:
    I heard from my supplier what was happening early on (after BP and Shell
sold out) and I put in a large order of modules for each month over the next
four months.  Luckily, we have been told that are orders will be filled in a
fairly consistent form, but we have still been left scrambling to fill in
the gaps.
Nick Soleil
Alternative Power Systems
www.alternativepowersystems.com
aps at sbcglobal.net
135 Colfax Ave.
Grass Valley, CA 95945
(530) 274-0588 phone
(530) 274-0589 fax
----- Original Message -----
From: "Doug Pratt" <dmpratt at sbcglobal.net>
To: <RE-wrenches at topica.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 4:15 PM
Subject: RE: Module shortage rumors [RE-wrenches]

Sponsor a child today through Children International.
Give a desperately poor child hope for a brighter future.
For only $18 a month you can make a difference!
http://click.topica.com/caaccM4bz8QcsbaYeWUa/ Children's Int'l

Fellow Wrenches,

T'aint no rumor, it's real! Real Goods has always offered a variety of
brands and sizes of modules and kept a pretty good stock on hand. Well
dang it, the cupboard is bare! Nobody has anything till at least
mid-June, and most manufacturers would rather talk about mid-August
delivery commitments.

I did find that GE/Astropower is back in production, and has some
110-watt modules available. But they're MC-connector only...not so great
for off-grid battery folks.

In the short-run this is annoying and frustrating for dealers and
customers. In the long run it means ramped up production, more good
cheap modules for everybody, less dependence on dirty imported oil, and
a cleaner world. We could do worse...

Cheers,
Doug Pratt

Looking for a Promotional or Marketing Gift? Discover
Crazy Aaron's Thinking Putty in grown up handfuls. It's
the creativity unleashing, mood enhancing desk toy
customized with your corporate image!
http://click.topica.com/caaceBcbz8QcsbaYeWUf/ Crazy Aaron Enterprises

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com

Buy Stocks and Index Funds for just $4 No Account or
Investment Minimums and No Inactivity Fees Automatically
invest weekly or monthly and build your future.
http://click.topica.com/caaccMMbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ Sharebuilder

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com